Saturday, April 10, 2010

Maja Blanca

Try this sweet, rich and easy-to-make Filipino dessert. When I made this, I really had no recipe to follow. So I kind of eyeballed everything.


Ingredients:

Cornstarch
Coconut cream/milk
White sugar
Cream of corn
Crushed peanut topping (optional)

Directions:

This is the easy part. Just mix all the ingredients together: cornstarch first (I used a one-lb pack), then the coconut milk (two 14-oz cans in this case), sugar (I'm afraid I didn't keep track of how much I added. I added a half cup at a time and tasted if it was sweet enough) and one can of cream of corn. I added a little bit of whole milk because I thought the mixture was too thick.

Simmer the mixture in low-medium heat, constantly stirring (And I really mean constantly stirring!). This is a good chance to give that arm a workout. haha.

Keep stirring until you reach the right consistency. You'll know you have the right consistency when you take a spoonful and it doesn't drip down.

Transfer the cooked mixture into a heat-proof container and let cool. Sprinkle the crushed peanuts on top, if you want. I like to eat it warm :).

No comments:

Post a Comment