Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ginataan or Binignit recipe

If you haven't already noticed, I love dessert! More importantly, I love to cook dessert! :)

Today I made Ginataan, a rich, soup-like Filipino dessert. In my province, Bohol, we call this Binignit.  Ginataan technically refers to anything cooked with gata or coconut milk. So there are actually various dishes called ginataan. In this case, I prepared the dessert made with bananas, taro and yam.


Ingredients:

Bananas, cubed
Taro root (gabi), cubed
Sweet yam (kamote), cubed
Glutinous rice balls
Coconut milk
Brown sugar (or substitute with white sugar)





Directions:

Sorry, but if you notice, I didn't specify any measurements. Frankly, I just eyeballed everything.
First, boil some water and cook the taro and sweet yam (used the purple sweet yam for this recipe) in medium heat. Add the glutinous rice balls. When cooked, add the bananas, coconut milk and sugar. Voila! You're done! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment